I was thrilled to receive the Stylish Blogger Award last month from two wonderful bloggers, Julie B (AKA ladydragonfly) at The World of Julie B and Muruji Angela Njehia at Her World. I am so grateful to both of them, and I was very happy to discover their fantastic blogs through the April Challenge. Julie blogs about all kinds of fun topics, from writing to crocheting to just enjoying life, and Muruji shares amazing photographs and travelogues that make me feel like I have taken a trip to Kenya each time I visit her blog. I would encourage everyone to check these ladies out if you are not already familiar with their blogs!
The rules of the award state that I should share seven things about myself, pass the award on to 10-15 other bloggers, and notify them of the award. Since I am doing this for two separate awards, I decided to combine the two, and pass the award on to 25 bloggers that I met through the A-Z Challenge. I met so many great bloggers in April, it was impossible to limit the list to 15. Honestly it was next to impossible to limit it to 25, but I had to stop somewhere!
So, to start off, here are seven things about me:
1) My favorite dessert is chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and coconut.
2) I work as a librarian for a small liberal arts college, and I have had a love of libraries since I was a young child.
3) My dream job is to be a full-time writer, and I would love to move to the American Southwest someday.
4) My favorite painting is Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night.
5) I'm an '80s girl, and my favorite '80s movie is Say Anything. I've had a schoolgirl crush on John Cusack ever since I first saw that movie.
6) I have always been a music nut, but I can't sing to save my life. If I do sing, people react by grimacing and covering their ears in horror. :D
7) When I was a kid, I totally loved Paddington Bear. When I went to London in 2002, I couldn't resist buying a stuffed Paddington when I took a train out of Paddington Station. Even though it made me look like a very silly tourist, I still love the bear. :)
Now I'm very happy to pass this award on to 25 bloggers that I discovered through the A-Z Challenge.
Thank you again to Julie and Muruji for giving me this award!