I haven't been blogging much in the past few weeks since I started editing and revising my WIP and found the task to be more overwhelming than I expected. Yikes! I knew the job was going to be difficult, but I admit I am pulling my hair out more than I anticipated.
During this time I was tagged by three great bloggers, Annalisa Crawford,
Nutschell of The Writing Nut
, and The Armchair Squid
, and I want to catch up now and say thank you so much to all three of them for thinking of me!
Each tag came with 10 questions, but I worried I would bore everyone to death if I answered all 30 of them, so I thought I would just take 5 from each and post my answers to 15 questions. Hopefully that won't be too long! The first 5 are from Armchair, the second 5 from Nutschell, and the last 5 are from Annalisa. It was fun to think of answers to all of these.
1. What is your dream vacation?
I'd love to drive around and explore the western United States, seeing the Rocky Mountains, visiting national parks like Yellowstone and Zion, going back to the Grand Canyon, and ending up in my favorite city I've ever visited, San Francisco. I love what I've seen of the West, and would love to have all the time in the world to explore more of it.
2. Tell us one thing you want to do but don't dare do it.
I really want to learn to swim. I tried more than once as a child, but was very afraid of the water. Now I'm chicken to take lessons as an adult.
3. What's your biggest phobia?
I'm very uncomfortable in elevators and I hate to be in tightly enclosed spaces.
4. Name three blessings in your life.
1. I had a happy childhood and am fortunate to have a close and loving family. As I've grown older I've learned what a blessing that is. 2. I am in good health, knock on wood. 3. I have discovered this amazing opportunity to transform my life through writing, and so far it has been one of the biggest blessings of my life.
5. What is your favorite quote?
I have several, but if I had to pick just one I think it would be this:
It is never too late to be what you might have been ~ George Eliot
6. What’s your ultimate caffeine source?
Coffee, coffee, and more coffee.
7. Favorite music source? (Radio, Pandora, Spotify, CD, Ipod, etc)
My Ipod is one of my favorite toys I've ever owned. I can't live without it.
8. Favorite Writing book?
Bird by Bird
, by Anne Lamott
9. Favorite TV show?
I'm a total tv junkie so it's nearly impossible for me to pick just one, but of the shows on the air right now I'd say Game of Thrones
is my favorite. I can't wait for it to return next month.
10. Harry Potter or Twilight?
Harry all the way. I totally love the Harry Potter series, and I'm not a Twilight fan, so this one was easy.
11. Which book, that you're supposed to love, do you actually hate?
Pride and Prejudice. I know it's almost considered blasphemous, but I don't enjoy Jane Austen. Flame away, I can take it. :D
12. Can you remember your first teacher?
Yes. My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Phillips. At the time I thought she was old, but I think now she was probably only about 22. Perspectives change a great deal!
13. In which order should Star Wars be watched: IV, V, VI, I, II, III or I, II, III, IV, V, VI?
I confess I've never seen I or II. I did see III and didn't care for it. So I am just going to say IV, V, VI.
14. Which fictional character would you like to be for a day?
. I don't even like the character, but having Eric Northman
drooling over me would be a nice way to spend the day. :D
15. Do you still have your first teddy bear? (I do.)
I do, too, and it is a very beat up and dearly loved Winnie the Pooh.
So those are my 15 questions and answers. I hope I haven't put everyone to sleep! Thanks again to Armchair
, and Annalisa
for tagging me. If you're not already familiar with their blogs, I highly recommend all 3 of them.
Now back to revising and pulling out what remains of my hair. ;)