I received a Bloggy award this week, thanks to my new friend Adrian at The Mother Centurion. Thank you, Adrian!!
From what I understand, the rules of this award are that I should share five facts about myself, then pass the award on to five other bloggers. So here are my five facts!
- I used to work as a social worker many moons ago, and I was the on-call emergency clinician for a psychiatric hospital. I've often thought I could write a book based on my experiences in this job!
- I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was a child, but gave up on this when I struggled to pass biology and chemistry in high school. I realized my total hatred of science, and the fact that I was completely repulsed when I had to dissect a frog, might be a bit of an impediment to veterinary school.
- I've always been fascinated by vampires and vampire mythology, since long before the current vampire craze, and I'd love to write my own vampire story some day.
- My father's family was originally from Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, and my family still owns a small summer cottage there. I love going to the Island, and it's been a summer destination for me since I was a child.
- I've loved watching football since I was a very young girl, and I've often been known to cheer myself hoarse while watching games.
Now to pass on the award! :)
- Caren (and Cody!) at Cat Chat
- Julie at Nostalgia Nook
- Anne at Anne R. Allen's Blog
- Melissa at Melissa Ann Goodwin, Writer
I think one of the best things about getting these blog awards is the fun of passing them on to others. Thanks again to Adrian for passing this Bloggy on to me!